The pandemic has placed everyone’s life on hiatus for the last three years.
With all the stress and everything that transpired, it is understandable how many of us might have placed less priority on our daily appearance back then.
But now that things are getting back to normal little by little, it is time for us to pamper and prioritize our well-being.
A great way to do this is having a glam up! Facial contouring has been in demand lately and getting chin fillers in Singapore is fast becoming the hype! Is it worth it? Find out in this article!
Chin Filler: What is it about?
Fillers are more popularly associated with certain parts of the face, such as the cheeks, nose, and lips.
The fillers work well with diminishing various signs of aging like creases, fine lines, and wrinkles, which can make a person appear old and exhausted.
When applied to the chin area, fillers can do additional wonders!
Here are the benefits that chin fillers can bring you:
- Asymmetrical jawlines are corrected to appear more balanced
- Fine lines are smoothened
- Jawlines are contoured to appear sharper and more pronounced
- Sagging jowls are minimized making the facial frame look stronger and oval-shaped
Chin fillers come in different types of substances:
These are all biocompatible, meaning they are safe for the body. It is important to note that each type of filler has its own unique characteristics of bringing improvement to the face.
For example, the longevity of one type of filler may be longer than another or when you are not satisfied with the results, you may opt for a filler that can be dissolved.
It is best to discuss what your realistic goals are with your doctor to be able to get optimum results from the type of chin filler that suits your needs.
Chin Filler Procedure: How is it done?
A chin filler procedure is non-surgical and minimally invasive. The treatment is carried out using an injection and can be done in an office or clinic.
The procedure is pretty quick—this does not even take half of your day—and you can resume your daily schedule after your visit to your doctor’s clinic.
If you are considering getting chin filler in Singapore, it is imperative that you consult with a licensed and board-certified medical professional who is an expert in this aesthetic procedure.
During your consultation, be sure that you are ready to provide the information that your doctor may ask about, such as:
- Your health history
- Your desired results or goals for getting chin fillers
- Medications that you are taking, including supplements and recreational drugs
These details will enable your doctor to gauge whether you are a good candidate for chin fillers and make your safety a top priority.
It is not only the doctor who will do all the asking during the consultation. As a patient, you should come prepared with your list of questions about the procedure.
This is the best time to address your apprehensions and concerns, so that everything is clear prior to your scheduled procedure should you decide to proceed with getting chin fillers.
These are some questions that you can ask:
- Are you board-certified to carry out this procedure?
- Do you have sample photos of before-and-after procedures from previous patients?
- How often do you carry out a chin filler procedure?
- What are the risks and complications that can happen during and after this procedure?
- How much will this procedure cost?
So, you have decided and scheduled your chin filler procedure. What happens next?
It is imperative that you are prepared for your chin filler procedure. Preparation usually begins at least a week or two prior to your treatment.
Your doctor may ask you to stop certain medications that can affect the results of the procedure.
Some topical skin care should also be stopped for a time, usually days before the chin filler treatment.
These include products that are anti-aging and/or with glycolic acid, retinol, and retinoids. Alcohol consumption must be avoided at least 1 to 2 days before the treatment.
On the day of your procedure, be sure to arrive at the clinic 15 to 30 minutes before your schedule.
This is to allow you to have time to fill up any paperwork that the clinic needs for documentation. You can also use the time to ask about any last-minute clarifications.
These are the steps that you can expect to experience during your chin filler procedure:
- Your doctor will clean and sanitize the treatment area.
- A type of local anesthetic or topical numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area to remove any discomfort or pain that you may feel once the filler is injected.
- Your doctor will mark the strategic points on your chin where the chin filler will be injected.
- Once the numbing cream takes effect, your doctor will begin to proceed in administer the chin filler injectables.
- Your doctor will assess each time the chin filler is injected and will stop administering the substance once your desired outcome has been achieved.
You feel some slight pressure when the chin filler is being injected, but this should not be painful.
The results are immediately seen after the procedure.
Following your chin filler treatment, you may experience some side effects like:
- Discoloration or redness
- Mild discomfort
These are normal, but they should be temporary. If these go on for more than 5 days or if you experience other complications that are alarming, immediately consult with your doctor.
Lastly, while you can return to your usual activities once you step out of the clinic, remember these important tips:
- Do not do any strenuous exercise or work
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages
- Do not use concealer or makeup to hide any redness or swelling after the procedure
- Do not expose yourself directly to the sun without protection
Reach out to Harmony Aesthetics for more information about chin fillers in Singapore.