Updatd : 11-01-2024
Are you looking for Carrot Idli Recipe? Well, here you can know the complete recipe in detail.Idli is a popular south Indian cuisine that can be eaten as a lunch, breakfast or an even brunch.
In the recent times, this recipe has advanced into lots of varieties & various spices as well as herbs are added to the preparation to diversify its taste and increase its nutrition value. The carrot idli majorly features the use of grated carrot along with the regular mix of herbs, spices, rice, and lentils.
Ingredients used to prepare Carrot Idli Recipe
- 1 cup black gram (Urad Dal)
- 2 cups idli rava
- Pinch of cooking soda
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 carrot, grated
Easy Steps to do Carrot Idli
- Soak the black gram in water for 3 to 4 hours
- Soak the idli rava in a separate bowl around one hour prior to mixing with the black gram batter.
- Drain the water from the black gram after a couple of hours and grind in a blender until soft and fluffy.
- Squeeze out the excess of water from the idli rava and add it to the black gram batter.
- Mix well and leave this mixture aside for around 8 to 10 hours or preferably overnight to ferment.
- You may be required to keep it for the longer duration during winter, as fermentation requires more time in a cold season.
- Before preparing the carrot idli Recipe, add pinch of cooking soda to the fermented batter and mix well.
- Add grated carrot to the mixture and paste of coriander or mint leaves for better flavour.
- Grease the idli making plates with oil and pour the batter on each depression
- Steams the idlis covered for 10 to 15 minutes and then turn the heat off.
- Remove the carrot idlis with a spoon and serve with chutney and warm sambar.
[ Also Read: Health benefits of Carrot ]
Nutritious values In Carrot Idli
One carrot idli Recipe carries 1mg iron, vitamin A, and traces of potassium, folate, and calcium.
Health Benefits Of Carrot Idli
- Carrot idli Recipe are low in calories and each idli contain less than 40 calories.
- It does not contain any cholesterol or saturated fat or fat and hence is good for people at risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.
- It helps to prevent high blood pressure.
- Addition of carrot in the recipe makes it rich in carotene, an antioxidant that is very good for building immunity of the body.
Carrot adds more fiber whereas the black gram and idli rava supply carbohydrates and proteins in good amount for keeping you bouncing with health and energy all the day through.from here you learnt about how to make carrot idli , let us know more your thoughts about carrot idli.