How to remove tan? This is the most widely discussed buzzword among us. We may sum up with multitudinous answers and further conclude with a confused state of mind.
Thus, here we are to push away all your worries and clear all your doubts about trustworthy professions.
Let’s look at how suntan has taken a vital role in our lives and the ultimate solutions to overcome suntan.
Suntan, the very common and the most worrying part of our everyday life causes mental pressure on us along with physical damage. A Suntan can be easily removed by adding some work and time for it.
Most of us are worried about “How to remove suntan?” A pre-scheduled plan and dedication are the primary objects to remind you before following the following Suntan removal tips.
Trust us, these tips and the other information provided here will do wonders on you and your skin. Just follow our path for beautiful and flawless skin!
What Is Suntan?
Suntan is a natural substance that is responsible for a change in skin color.
It is a process where your skin tone changes into a darker version when your skin is exposed for a higher duration in the sun.
A Suntan can be categorized into healthy suntan and unhealthy Suntan. A healthy suntan protects your skin from UV radiation and acts as a shield. Whereas, an unhealthy suntan will damage your skin, increase dead cells, and causes dryness, and dullness to the skin.
What Causes Suntan?
A suntan can cause due to Ultraviolet Radiation exposure to the skin. The sun's rays contain two different types of ultraviolet radiation known as UVA and UVB.
UVA: UVA radiation obtains a wavelength of 320-400nm, and it cannot be blocked by the ozone layer of the atmosphere.
UVA releases a compound called melanin which combines with oxygen and creates tan on our skin.
UVA is blocked with the help of sunscreen with SPF (Sun Protection Factor). UVA is also known to damage DNA but not directly. It damages DNA by producing reactive oxygen species to damage DNA indirectly.
UVB: UVB radiation obtains wavelengths of 280-320nm, and can be blocked by the ozone layer of the atmosphere.
UVB products vitamin D in human skin, and it can be reduced by sunscreen lotions with SPF (Sun Protection Factor). UVB is usually present in sunlight, or sun lamps.
How Does a Suntan Form?
Suntan forms on the skin due to direct exposure of skin to the sun.
When sun rays come directly in contact with your skin, it damages skin textures, harden the skin, increase dullness, decrease skin moisturizer, uneven skin complexion will form, and breaks the skin. Suntan changes skin color and darkens the skin complexity much more than our natural skin tone.
How to remove tan from the face?
How to remove tan from the face and other body parts? This is the most tortured question for us! Yes, we can remove suntan, but it will take some time and purely depends on the product or remedy, or treatment we are following.
Suntans gradually fade, but they will never vanish completely without our efforts. For further information about Suntan, don’t skip reading this article.
Symptoms of Suntan:
Many of us neglect the Suntan and its symptoms and underestimate the harm it causes to our skin. Suntan symptoms are regular and common to everyone. Here are the most common Suntan symptoms observed globally.
- Change in skin color and texture in the skin-exposed areas
- Change in size of the mole or birthmark or birth pigmentation
- Skin spots with itchy, tender, or painful sensations
- The appearance of sunburns on the skin
- The occurrence of dry, and harsh skin
Does Suntan cause only exposure to UV Rays?
Suntan or tanning is the formation of changes in skin color, or it simply darkens the skin tone. This is most often observed due to excess exposure of the skin to the Ultraviolet (UV) radiations of the sun rays.
Sun tanning also occurs due to artificial sources like tanning lights, indoor tanning beds, unhealthy food habits, dehydration, and excess sunbathing.
There are various products with a variety of chemicals that can produce tanning effects on our skin even without UV radiation which are generally referred to as “sunless tanning”.
Where can Suntan form on our body?
A suntan can appear on the skin all over the body. It mostly occurs in the area where the skin is highly exposed to the sun's rays for a longer duration. In most of us,
A suntan can be observed frequently on body parts like the face, neck, arms, hands, and legs as they are the most exposed parts of our body. these below de-tan face packs for suntan are useful and effective works for almost all skin types.
Top 10 face packs:
how to remove tan from the face, whether it is formed on the face or the body, if we do not concentrate on removing our skin tan time-to-time, we may have permanent skin damage, and it will cause more health damage to our body.
Add these face packs to your routine to keep your skin clean, glowing, and healthy all the time.
These amazing, trustworthy face packs will definitely answer your evergreen question – How to remove tan - forever!
1. Lemon juice and honey:
A mixture of fresh lemon juice and honey is required. Apply this lemon and honey mix all over your face and let it dry for a minimum of 30 minutes. Rinse it with warm water.
How it works: The bleaching effect present in lemon juice acts as a cleanser and removes skin tan.
Note: Use lemon juice with a few drops of water.
2. Yogurt and gram flour:
Mix a cup of yogurt with a half cup of gram flour. Apply this paste to the face and let it dry for 15 min.
How it works: Yogurt and gram flour help in removing black spots, rashes, dark circles, and pimples from the skin. It removes dead cells and closes the open pores.
Extract fresh tomato juice and apply it on the face or tanned parts. Massage it thoroughly and rinse it.
How it works: Tomato contains acidic properties and enzymes that hydrate skin, clear pimples, removes black spots, and makes skin tone even.
4. Cucumber extract:
Extract fresh juice from a cucumber, and add honey (optional) by using a cotton ball to apply to your face.
How it works: Cucumber contains a cooling effect, and it removes tan, dust particles, and dead cells from the skin
Extract juice from potatoes and apply it all over the tanned areas. Then leave it for 20 min and wash it with warm water.
How it works: Potato juice acts like a toner and clears all the tan, keeping skin smooth and refreshing.
6. Papaya and honey:
Mix papaya extract with honey and make a fine paste. Apply this paste to your face. Leave until it dries and cleans with normal water.
How it works: Both papaya and honey work as anti-aging elements and reduce wrinkles, and dark circles, and remove tan from the skin.
7. Aloe Vera:
Take a fresh aloe vera leaf slit it and extract aloe vera gel from it. Make a good massage on your skin for 15 min and leave it until it dries. You can apply this extract even to your hands and legs.
How it works: Aloe vera heals damaged skin, smoothens skin, closes open pores, and improves skin complexity.
8. Lemon and sugar:
Add crystal sugar to lemon juice and massage your face, neck, and other tanned parts. Leave it for 30 min and rinse with warm water.
How it works: The sugar and lemon contain properties that can easily remove dead cells and further clean the tan from the skin.
9. Buttermilk and oatmeal:
Take two tablespoons of oatmeal and mix in buttermilk and let it sit for 10 min. Apply this to the face and neck area. Let it dry for at least half an hour and rinse with water.
How it works: Oatmeal has cleansing properties, and buttermilk is rich in lactic acid. These two help in removing tan from the skin and softening the skin.
10. Sandalwood and coconut water:
Make an excellent paste of sandalwood powder and coconut water. Apply this paste to the face to remove the tan.
How it works: Both sandalwood and coconut water helps in the removal of tan and other spots that occurred on the skin. It also hydrates skin and moisturizes the skin.
To notice the effect of any of the above-mentioned face packs, one must add them to their regular routine and apply these at least thrice a week. Along with face packs, a healthy diet, regular exercise, and physical activities will improve your skin tone.
Top 10 Yoga Poses for Glowing Skin:
Stress and unhealthy lifestyle habits are the primary reasons for skin damage. You can rectify skin damage or other skin problems by performing these basic yoga asanas listed here. These yoga asanas will increase skin glow and repair skin damage.
All the yoga poses mentioned below will surely result in “How to remove tan” worries from you forever! Regular practice is must be needed to feel amazing results. It is necessary for beginners to start yoga practice under professional guidance to avoid any physical damage.
1. Sarvangasana: This is a “Shoulder Stand Pose,” and it helps you in getting rid of skin dullness, increases blood flow to the head, tackles acne problems, and reduces pimples.
2. Halasan: This is a “Plow Pose,” and it increases blood circulation throughout the body from head to toe, decreases wrinkles, and improvises skin glow.
3. Utthanasana: This is a “Forward Bending Pose,” and it helps to promote blood to the face and increases skin glow. It helps nutrients to fight the damaged skin and encourages skin rejuvenation.
4. Bharadvajasana: This is a “Bharadvaja's twist,” and it removes toxins and harmful substances, and bacteria from the skin. It cleanses the body and fights aging hormones, which results in smooth, and glowing skin.
5. Matsyasana: This is a “Fish Pose,” and it enables breathing patterns, normalizes hormonal imbalance, relaxes muscles, and clears dead skin from the face.
6. Trikonasana: This is a “Triangle Pose,” and it helps in increasing skin complexity, increases oxygen supply, refreshes the skin, and decreases wrinkles, and dark circles.
7. Bhujangasana: This is a “Cobra Pose,” and it reduces stiffness in the back and shoulders, makes your skin smooth, evaluates blood flow, improves skin texture, and adds a natural glow to the skin.
8. Tadasana: This is a “Mountain Pose,” and it promotes healthy skin, evens skin complexion, adds glow to the face, removes dead cells, releases more toxins from the body, and closes open pores.
9. Shishuasana: This is a “Child Pose,” and it increases blood circulation, clears acne and pimples, evens skin tone, relieves stress, and clears dryness.
10. Dhanurasana: This is a “Bow Pose,” and it helps you to stretch your body muscles, balance oxygen levels, decrease body fat, improve skin complexion, make skin smooth, and stabilize skin tone.
Along with the most famous yoga poses mentioned above, follow these minimal yoga tips to experience better results. A time frame, schedule, and loads of dedication are required for the best and quick results for your skin damage. Follow these mentioned yoga tips to answer how to remove tan for others!
- Walking at least for half an hour each day.
- at least for an hour per day.
- Breathing exercises like pranayama (Meditation) or 15 min in the morning hours or twice a day.
- And other regular physical exercises and activities as per the flexibility.
You Like to Read: Important Yoga Poses for Beginners
What can harm your skin?
Skin damage is caused due to multiple reasons, which are merely observed by us in our hectic day-to-day life. A simple skin routine, health care, and regular skincare patterns ultimately result in the best long-lasting skin.
Treat your skin with love every now and then, so it can make you look more beautiful. Keep your skin complexion on track to avoid regular skin damage by understanding and adding the below-mentioned tips in your daily routine for your skin.
Along with the above how-to remove tan tips, keep the below skincare tips handy for perfect nourishing skin for a lifetime:
Top 10 Habits that ruin your skin:
1. Undiluted lemon juice: You can use lemon juice diluted with either water or other substance, but undiluted lemon juice contains a high range of acidic properties that directly damages your skin and adds dullness to the skin.
2. Skin bleaching products: Skin bleaching products or chemical-filled products used in your daily life on your skin results in various health problems, and skin damage, and it can form cancer cells in your body.
3. Unhealthy diet and dehydration: The more water you drink, the more benefits you observe. Dehydration will develop dead cells on the skin and trashes away healthy skin. Consuming or following an unhealthy diet or unwanted foods every day will spoil your health and reflect on your skin.
4. Sleeping with makeup: Whatever brand we use, whatever makeup we choose, each one of them contains a certain amount of chemicals or other compounds that are harmful to our skin. Thus, washing off makeup before sleep or using less makeup or with no makeup at home will surely keep your skin healthy.
5. Stress: Stress and anxiety are major sources of skin damage and other health issues. Stress causes wrinkles, dark circles, acne, and pimples on your face. It damages skin complexity and makes the skin dull.
6. Cigarettes and alcohol: Nicotine present in cigarettes will flow through your blood and into your skin. Thus, your skin doesn’t get enough oxygen, nutrients, and other minerals. The other chemicals present in alcohol and tobacco damage skin structure and cause skin dullness, and wrinkles.
7. Chlorine: Too much chlorine usage in everyday life can damage your skin. We usually intact with the chlorine present in water while swimming or bathing or in the shower, it clings to the skin and reacts with cleansers, medication, and even lotions. To remove chlorine, just an extra soap rub on your body will work fine.
8. Caffeine: Drinking too much coffee or other caffeine-contained beverages will damage your skin, adds more wrinkles to your face, darkens skin tone, and makes skin complexity uneven. Hence, limiting caffeine intake will show better results for your body, health, and skin.
9. Popping Pimples: Many of us have a habit of popping pimples just after it appears by only thought of getting rid of it. But, most of us are unaware of the disadvantages it brings to our skin and face. Popping pimples will leave scars behind and creates new open pores.
10. Sodium: Consuming too much sodium will dehydrate your body and sucks the moisturizer from the skin. It transforms healthy skin into a dull, dry, and uneven skin tone. To avoid skin damage, cut your sodium intake. Treat your skin with hydrating skin moisturizers and other skin products.
Skin Care Routine Steps:
Great skin will never be the result of good DNA, our habits, regular diet, lifestyle, and the beauty products we use every day will play a major role in your skin's complexity.
These skincare routine steps will definitely be the solution to how to remove the tan question. Thus, follow the below skincare routine for smooth, glowing, and healthy skin.
Cleanser: The basic and essential step for clear skin is washing your face in a proper manner. This is the first step in your skincare routine. Our skin is the most exposed to pollutants, dust, and other particles. The Cleanser will remove the dust formed on the skin and prevents skin damage. Using a face scrub twice a week and washing your face thrice a day is recommended by many dermatologists. Choose the cleanser as per your skin type.
Toner: Toner balances your skin. This is the second step in your skincare routine. Toner helps to remove the leftover dirt present on the skin even after cleansing thoroughly. Applying toner with clean hands will spread on the face evenly. According to renewed beauticians, it is an effective way to apply it. Adapt to a suitable toner for your skin complexion.
Moisturizer: Moisturizer acts as a hydrating component and softens the skin. It prevents excess water loss from the outer membrane of the skin. This is the major product popularly recommended by every dermatologist for all skin types.
Sunscreen: Sunscreen protects your skin from UV (Ultraviolet) rays which are harmful to the skin. As per the expert’s opinion, sunscreen is the most crucial part of the skincare routine. Consistent use of sunscreen in our daily life will reduce the development of wrinkles, fine lines, the imperfection of skin texture, and the appearance of pores. Choose the sunscreen according to your skin type and the typical season of the year.
Serum: Serum acts as an antioxidant and it can be used by everyone and anyone. This acts as skin protection from daily aggressors. Rather than mixing serum with moisturizer, if applied directly it skin absorbs it effectively and quickly. The serum can be used both in the morning and night. You can use multiple serums as per the requirement but, they should be applied one after the other.
Eye cream: Eye cream reduces dryness, puffiness, under-bag eyes, dark circles, or hyperpigmentation. The skin present around your eyes is very sensitive. Therefore we cannot use regular cream in that area. Hence, dermatologists recommend special eye creams to avoid any sort of irritation or skin damage.
Top foods for Suntan:
Here is the list of the top foods that protect and repair your skin damage from Suntan.
- Watermelon: Watermelon contains more lycopene compared to tomatoes. These will protect us from UVA and UVB rays by observing both radiations. Drink at least a glass of fresh watermelon juice every day for perfectly healthy skin.
- Tomato: It not only removes tan from the skin but also adds glow to your skin. Tomato repairs damaged skin and act as an anti-aging element. The lycopene element present in tomatoes helps in reducing skin tan, increases skin glow, and smoothens skin.
- Peaches: Peaches contain high levels of potassium, minerals, and other essential components used in the reduction of Suntan. It helps in the proper functioning of the body. It also sustains healthy blood pressure levels and obtains the proper functioning of the brain. It stimulates skin tone and removes dead cells.
- Carrots: Carrots improve blood quality and thus improve skin tone. It also reduces dark circles, wrinkles, and black spots on the skin. Drink carrot juice or eat raw carrots every day to observe effective results.
- Leafy Greens: Every type of leafy green is the best food source for the skin and body. They have multitudinous effects if eaten a minimum of 4 times a week. It acts as a supplement for sun protection.
- Green Tea: Green tea acts as the best antioxidant in the reduction of skin damage. It increases skin glow, improves skin texture, and reduces wrinkles and sunburns. Drinking green tea twice a day will stimulate overall health.
- Cauliflower: Veggies have the general health rule of keeping us healthy and active all day. Cauliflower has the potential to potent antioxidants and fights oxidative stress to free from radical elements. It also acts as a natural sun-protective element and increases skin glow.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain high levels of carotenoids, which act as a natural element for the removal of Suntan. It is also rich in Vitamin B6 and potassium, which boosts health and skin tone.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts like walnuts, seeds like chia seeds, and flax seeds will help in reducing the Suntan and improves skin complexion by consuming these nuts and seeds constantly. These will also help in improving blood flow and energizes the body.
Also Read: Best Time to Eat Dry Fruits and Nuts
Best ways to prevent suntan:
- Apply High Factor SPF usually more than 30+ whenever stepping out in the sun.
- Choose protective clothing from the sun.
- If possible, cover your face and hair with a cloth or scarf or whichever is comfortable.
- Wear the right quality sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays.
- Hydrate yourself throughout the day.
- Avoid long exposure to the sun, especially between 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM duration, when the sun's rays have a high temperature.
- Use an umbrella when the sun temperature is high
- Use a hat while stepping out in the sun
Why choose Tan removal treatments?
Tan removal treatments or tanned skin treatments will help the skin avoid further severe damage to the skin, skin aging, skin cancer, and a decreased negative impact on the skin and immunity system. One can stop these types of skin damage via various tan removal treatments.
How does laser treatment work?
Laser Tan removal treatment services help in glowing skin, remove tan, remove age spots, and decrease dark circles and other skin problems. Hence, laser treatment is the easily available option for most dominated questions – How to remove tan permanently.
A Laser is a high-intense beam of light containing a narrow wavelength spectrum with a high level of energy. This helps dermatologists to focus on the smallest areas of skin, hair, and other parts. The light energy converts into heat energy when used on the skin.
This is further used to target a specific set of chromophores, which can be used in water, melanin, hemoglobin, tattoo pigment, etc. As a result, this process helps the laser to skin blemishes and targets unwanted hair, dark marks, various types of birthmarks tattoos, and other fine lines and wrinkles.
5 Latest treatments for sun tan
1. Laser toning: Laser toning treatment performed by dermatologists will help in removing tan quickly. It is performed by using a laser device that is used to break down the pigment, reduction in tan, decrease sunspots, and removes dark circles. This process may differ depending on the treatment area of the body. Usually, to remove tan from the face it takes 4-7 sessions.
2. Chemical peel: The chemical peel process is used to get rid of suntanned skin, remove tanned skin layers, and perform a regeneration and exfoliation of the skin cells. A Chemical peel is treated with different concentrations to strengthen in easy removal of tanned skin, dead skin, and dark skin. This treatment can be completed in 1-2 sessions to notice the skin tan reduction changes, and it takes 5-7 sessions to see the absolute results.
3. Microdermabrasion: This is also a type of exfoliating treatment that performs effective methods in the removal of Suntan and dead cells. This may require 4-6 sessions to observe the results.
4. Exfoliation: Exfoliation is a sort of technique used in tan removal treatments. It helps in the removal of dead skin from the bottom of the skin. It makes skin clean, adds even tone, and improves skin complexion.
5. Bleaching: Bleaching is a sort of an instant treatment method used in tan removal. It instantly brightens the face and evens out the skin texture. But, regular bleaching can be harmful to the skin as it contains a high level of chemicals. This can be completed in a single session.
Either treatment or home remedies, without our effort and concentration we cannot remove suntan from our body. Use each method ineffective way for the best result of how to remove suntan.
Our ultimate goal is how to remove tan on the face, and how to remove suntan. So, here our experts are saying that proper diet and proper caring tips can help to remove tan on the face and other parts of the body. a dermatologist can also help you to overcome this problem.