Dietitian: Trupti Vyas
Foods for strong bones and muscles are essential to lead a happy and healthy life. According to the best dieticians in and around the world bone and muscle weakness is major because of unhealthy food consumption and not enough amount of calcium, proteins, vitamins, and other essential supplements supplied to the bones and muscles.
Learn these Top 15 foods for strong bones and muscle foods to lead a healthy life without any bone and muscle weakness.
As age increases weakness in the bones and muscles will also increase due to stress and other health defects. It also causes side effects due to various diseases and medications used for different types of diseases. Hence, it is necessary to take extra care of bones and muscles.
Top 15 foods for strong bones and muscles
1. Apples: Apples are a quercetin source which is an antioxidant plant chemical. This helps in protecting brain cells from radioactive radiation. Clean the apple thoroughly and eat it with the skin as it contains more benefits.
2. Berries: Berries such as blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries are rich in Vitamin C, E, and folate. It is a bunch of nutrition wrap which helps prevent many heart and chronic diseases and strengthens bones, and muscles.
3. Cinnamon: This aromatic spice is a pack of amazing health benefits. It purifies the blood, prevents brain damage, controls heart risk, protects bones and muscles, consumed in any form such as raw or powder, or added to food dishes.
4. Oats: Oat is rich in fiber content and it is known as the best whole-grain food for breakfast. It reduces cholesterol levels, stabilizes diabetics, controls the digestive system, and Increases bone stamina. Oats with banana or any other fruit along with a glass of milk is the perfect combinational healthy breakfast.
5. Spinach: Spinach is high in nutrition. It is rich in vitamins K, and E. Eat cooked spinach or boiled spinach with other salads or add it to different recipes. Make sure to eat a minimum of half a cup of spinach at least thrice a week.
6. Olive Oil: It helps lower cholesterol, controls blood pressure, and reduces diabetes. Try to prefer extra virgin olive oil which is natural and chemical-free. This oil doesn't contain any LDL cholesterol in it. Uncooked olive oil when taken with garnish or salads is most beneficial for a healthy life.
7. Turmeric: The natural, traditional spice turmeric has the most amazing powers to heal and cure every disease. It has been used in various ways in many parts of the country, mainly in India from ancient times.
It also has anti-cancer benefits. It is rich in vitamins, calcium, and other important minerals. It even prevents the clogging of cholesterol in the brain. Add turmeric to every food recipe.
Tumeric is not only for strong bones and muscles but also you know the Top 10 Popular Benefits of Turmeric
8. Walnuts: Walnuts are considered to have a rich amount of omega-3 fatty acids which boosts brain function and improves bone calcium levels. It even makes the muscle strong, lowers LDL cholesterol content, reduces heart risk, and controls blood pressure.
Eat 3-4 pieces of walnuts per day either raw or added to food or salads.
9. Whole Grains: Whole grains such as oats, brown bread, and brown rice are filled with fiber and have various health benefits. These are considered the best breakfasts to control the diet and have an energetic day. Eat in limited quantities and change the different whole grain products every day.
10. Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds will improve the healthy framework of the bones. These will also help in modifying the digestive system, purifies blood, and controlling blood pressure. Consume sesame seeds every day. It contains nutrients like magnesium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D, K, and much more.
Plan your food for strong bones and muscles, if possible consult a dietitian for a customized diet plan
11. Salmon: Salmon is considered the most favorite and most powerful food. If consumed at least thrice a week it improves heart health, increases bone strength, it is rich in calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. This can be added to any diet without a second thought but should be eaten in limit considering health conditions.
Always eat the right foods for strong bones and muscles because food is the main source of our overall health
12. Yogurt: This is a good source of calcium and other proteins. Every day eat one cup of yogurt and add it at any meal time. It also contains vitamins A, D, and B 12. Bones will improve their stamina and become strong and healthy if eaten every day.
13. Eggs: Eating eggs every day is recommended by various doctors to improve bone calcium levels and provide a good amount of energy. A boiled egg will have more benefits to health than an omelet or other forms.
Boiled egg with a pinch of salt and pepper is a good start to a day to be energetic and active all the time.
14. White Beans: This legume contains a good amount of calcium, protein, fiber, and minerals like potassium, manganese, phosphorus, etc. Include these in snacks, salads, soups, baked veggies, etc. One cup of beans can be eaten depending upon the type of white beans.
15. Sardines: This excellent dish is full of everything required for a healthy body. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, proteins, Vitamin D and B12, nutrients, and other mineral supplements. This natural fish food can be eaten in any form. It is suggested to eat at least twice a week.
Vitamins for Strong Bones and Joints
Your bones and joints are made up of a variety of minerals and vitamins, including calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin K, manganese, boron, zinc, copper, and selenium. These nutrients are essential for maintaining healthy bones and joints, and they can help to prevent conditions such as osteoporosis and arthritis.
1) Calcium is the major mineral for bone health. It makes up about 1/3 of the weight of your bones, and it helps to keep them strong and healthy. Sources: - calcium from dairy products, leafy green vegetables, and fortified foods such as orange juice and sesame seeds.
2) Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium and also maintains the growth, and development of bones. Sources:- vitamin D from sunlight, egg yolk, fatty fish, and fortified foods such as milk, cereals, and orange juice.
3) Magnesium is another important mineral for bone health which regulate calcium levels in your body, and it also helps to prevent bone loss. FoodSources:-green leafy vegetables, cashew, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
4) Vitamin K is a newer nutrient that is becoming increasingly recognized for its importance for bone health. It helps to turn on proteins that are involved in bone metabolism. FoodSources- Spinach, broccoli, kale
In addition to these essential vitamins and minerals, there are a few other nutrients that may be beneficial for bone health. Other nutrients are boron, zinc, manganese, copper, and selenium.
Tips for Strong Bones and Muscles
Foods for strong bones and muscles :
- Consume rich protein content
- Add more fresh organic fruits to your meals
- Concentrate on high-calcium foods
- Improve vitamins such as vitamin C, K, and potassium, magnesium quantity in food
- Reduce salt intake
- Control of caffeine intake
- Start eating Glucosamine supplements
- Aim for everyday exercise according to the doctor's guidance
- Start weight-bearing to promote bone weight and increase bone density
- Choose low-impact exercises to avoid any joint damages
- While performing exercise wear protective gear to protect from joint risk
- Opt for yoga time rather than time passing
- Add therapies such as vibration therapy to your daily routine to strengthen the bones
- Alcohol consumption is either to be avoided or moderated.
- Quit smoking or reduce its usage gradually.
- Maintain proper weight according to the height and weight you are. Do not be overweight.
- Change positions while standing or sitting continuously for a long period of time throughout the day
- Choose the perfect shoe that fits you. Skip using high heels or pointed heels as they increase bone and muscle risks
- Make a reminder of regular monthly checkups to the physician or specialist doctor to know the status.
Hope these Top 15 foods for strong bones and muscles are useful. Follow our diet tips and foods for strong bones and muscles to be healthy and happy. Subscribe to our newsletter to get more awesome stuff regarding Health. Eat Healthily! Stay Healthily! Be Happy! Keep Reading Plus100Years!
Thanks for Reading this information.