Loose motion affects almost everyone. They are watery, smelly stools. Usually, they are harmless and can be treated with home remedies for loose motion or over-the-counter loose stools medicine (in the more serious cases).
Loose motion can cause bloating, cramps, abdominal pain, and watery bowels; excessive loose motion can cause dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and kidney failure.
Loose stools lose water and electrolytes. Thus, lots of fluids are needed to replenish electrolytes.
Home Remedies For Loose Motion
Loose motions are a temporary issue that will be resolved after 2-3 days at home.
An upset stomach, spicy or oily food, food allergies, new medications, particular supplements, infections, food poisoning, indigestion, etc., are some of the most common causes of loose motion.
There are many home remedies for loose motion. The most successful include
Lemon juice's anti-inflammatory qualities will aid in a simple stomach clearing. For many years, it has been one of the tried-and-true home remedies for loose motion.
- Juice from one whole lemon should be extracted. Add a tablespoon of sugar and one teaspoon of salt to it. Mix it thoroughly.
- Once you feel that the toxins in your intestines have been flushed out, drink this lemonade every hour.
- For the best results, use this mixture for three days to eliminate all the toxins in your stomach.
- Before resuming your regular diet, ensure you only eat soup, broth, or semi-solid foods for a few days.
2 Fenugreek Seed / Methi Dana
Fenugreek is a superb loose-motion home remedy to treat loose stools and has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- One to two teaspoons of dried fenugreek seeds should be ground into a fine powder in a blender.
- To completely stop having loose motions, mix this powder with a glass of water and consume it every morning for two to three days on an empty stomach. Home remedies for loose motion works depend upon on person’s situation
3 Dry Ginger Powder For Loose Motion
In addition to enhancing digestion, ginger has antifungal and antibacterial properties that also aid in reducing stomach discomfort. It is a great supplement to take for home remedies for loose motion.
- Buttermilk is mixed with half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder.
- Drink this buttermilk three to four times daily after thoroughly mixing it.
- You will undoubtedly observe a sizable decrease in diarrhea within 2 days.
4 Raw Papaya For Loose Motion
It has been discovered that raw papaya is useful for treating loose motions. It will aid in reducing stomach cramps and easing stomach pain.
- Grate some raw papaya, and then add it to a bowl with three cups of water.
- The raw papaya should be boiled for ten minutes or so.
- When the water is warm, strain it and drink it.
- You should consume this twice to three times daily until you notice a decrease in loose motion.
5 Mustard Seeds For Loose Motion
It has been discovered that mustard seeds have specific antibacterial properties, making them efficient home remedies for treating loose motion.
- Mix one tablespoon of water with one-fourth teaspoon of mustard seeds. Observe it for an hour.
- Now ingest this water as you would a typical oral tonic.
- Repeat it two or three times daily to get rid of loose stools.
6 Use Mint And Honey
Since ancient times, mint leaves have been used to treat diarrhea or loose stools. It aids in rapid digestion and has antibacterial properties.
It can be distributed in any way. You can even chew one or two mint leaves each day after meals to aid in proper food digestion. It will stop you from experiencing jerky motions.
- You can obtain mint juice by blending fresh mint leaves until they are smooth and draining the juice.
- Add a teaspoon of lime juice, a teaspoon of honey, and a teaspoon of mint leaf extract. Take this mixture after thoroughly mixing them.
- To eliminate loose motions, take this mixture two to three times daily for two to three days.
7 Chamomile Tea
Tea made from chamomile flowers is excellent for treating intestinal inflammation and will help your body lessen loose motion issues. It will quickly assist in calming the upset digestive system.
- You can make a cup of tea using chamomile tea bags that you can purchase in the market.
- One teaspoon of chamomile flower and one spoonful of peppermint leaves can be boiled in a cup of boiling water to make a healthy herbal tea.
- For about 15 minutes, boil this mixture.
To experience better relief from digestive issues, strain the mixture and consume the tea at least three times per day. https://www.plus100years.com/health-tips/10-types-of-herbal-teas-and-their-health-benefits
10 types of Herbal Teas are useful for health and well-being
8 Starch Rich Foods
You should consume starch-rich foods for a few days if you have recently recovered from a bout of loose motion to calm your stomach and facilitate simple digestion.
Some of the foods you can eat if you have loose motion include:
- Finished white rice
- Boiled potato
- Prepared carrots
9 Avoid Milk
Products: You must completely abstain from Milk and milk-derived products for at least three to four days or until you've recovered entirely from the episode of loose motion.
Consuming milk and milk products will aggravate loose motion since the intestines cannot process them while experiencing loose motion.
Avoid these foods:
- Margarine Powder Milk
- Coffee-based beverages
- fatty or high-fiber foods
10 Take Rest
It is advised that you completely relax for two days if you have food poisoning and are experiencing frequent, severe bouts of loose motion because there is a potential that you will become dehydrated and lose strength as a result.
- Stay in bed as much as possible so your body can recuperate quickly.
- You can drink warm broth seasoned with a little salt when in bed, but avoid eating anything greasy or substantial.
- You can apply heating pads to the affected area if you have stomach aches or cramps.
Keep in mind that prevention is always greater than treatment.
- It is crucial to consume wholesome food.
- Include dietary staples like bananas, oranges, broccoli, and other fibrous foods in your diet plan.
- Limit your alcohol, smoking, and caffeine intake.
- Please keep track of the foods you are allergic to and steer clear of them.
- Be sure to practice good hygiene to prevent bacterial and viral infections.
- To stay hydrated, drink plenty of water.
- Eat hygienic, nutritious food.
The natural and affordable foods and home remedies mentioned above. They are also readily available and very efficient.
You now know what to do the next time you feel queasy in the stomach. Try one or more of these treatments to return to your normal routine quickly.
Loose motions are caused by Spices and oils or Forced bathroom trips. Stools that are loose and watery occur thrice daily and indicate loose motions.
Loose motions can cause dehydration and electrolyte loss. Try any of these home remedies for loose motion.
When home remedies for loose motion do ‘not work, In case of abdominal pain, vomiting, bleeding, or fever, consult a gastroenterologist.